Sodium bicarbonate is a water soluble white crystalline powder commonly known as baking soda
which is widely used as leavening agent in food. Feed grade sodium bicarbonate is predominantly
used as the source of sodium to increase dietary cation-anion difference (DCAD). It is also used as
dietary supplement for ruminants to treat acid indigestion and metabolic acidosis. In poultry, it
helps improving calcium absorption to increase eggshell quality. It is also fed to broiler chicken as
partial replacement for salt to provide drier litter and healthier living environment.
• Feed additive, premix raw material
• Partial salt replacement
• Sodium source without chloride
• Suitable for ruminants such as dairy cow, beef cow, sheep, and also poultry including
broiler chicken, laying hens chicken, swine, and turkey.
• Dietary supplement containing sodium bicarbonate helps improve calcium absorption
and eggshell. quality.
• A buffer to help stabilize rumen’s pH by reducing acidic condition.